Did You Know?
- An average retired couple age 65 in 2023 may need approximately $315,000 saved (after tax) to cover health care expenses in retirement1.
- Workers younger than age 55 expect to retire before age 62 2
- 35% say they will retire before age 65 2
- 55 or older workers expect to retire at ages 66-69 2.
- 63% of workers report they are currently saving for retirement. Having an employer-sponsored retirement savings plan is a key factor in whether Americans save for retirement 3.
- 16% of those without access to an employer-sponsored plan said they have any retirement savings 3.
2 2022 EBRI/Greenwald Research Retirement Confidence Survey
3 Social Security Administration